Professor Colin Coulson-Thomas is an international authority on winning business, director, board and business development, corporate transformation and future organisation.....
Contact Colin Coulson-Thomas
COLIN COULSON-THOMAS: EMPLOYMENT and EDUCATION
Colin Coulson-Thomas: Employment History
- 1987- Consultant and Founder director and chairman of start-up companies (including ASK Europe plc [group, operating, and associate company boards, including Cambridge Management Centres plc], Cotoco Ltd a specialist provider of award winning job-support tools, Adaptation Ltd, Policy Publications Ltd, etc.).
- 1994-97 the Willmott Dixon Professor of Corporate Transformation, Dean of the Faculty of Management and Head of the Putteridge Bury campus at the University of Luton and a Senior Associate at the Judge Institute of Cambridge University. Achieved a turnaround in financial performance by establishing overseas collaborations, new programmes and additional income streams.
- 1984-93 Xerox/Rank Xerox. Head of UK corporate affairs function 1984-87; and Corporate Affairs Counsel 1987-93. Launched new products, handled the media and Government relations aspects of an international crisis. Responsible for issue monitoring and management 1985-93.
- 1978-84 Publisher/Publishing Director. Responsiblilities at ICSA 1978-81 included publications and public relations. Responsibilities at Longman Group included general management responsibility for all periodical titles (Launched or acquired over a dozen titles).
- 1975-78 Internal and external management consultancy for Coopers & Lybrand Associates Ltd and IoD, introducing new procedures and processes. Built financial models for the Royal Commission on the Press and for evaluating property and steel mill investments.
Colin Coulson-Thomas: Education
- London School of Economics (Trevennon Exhibitioner), London Business School, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago (Deans List), and University of Southern California (Distinction).
- International Management Programme (London Business School; GSB University of Chicago; and Escola de Administracao des Empresas de Sao Paulo - Fundacao Getulio Vargas.
- Brazilian Government Scholar 1975-76.
Colin Coulson-Thomas: Qualifications
- PhD Aston Business School 1988 (Organisational Behaviour) [Study of knowledge workers / professionals].
- MPA (Public administration), University of South Africa, 1985.
- AM International Relations, University of Southern California (Distinction), 1982.
- MSc (Econ) London University 1980 (Government-Business Relations).
- MSc London Business School 1975.
- FCA and FCIS (qualified Chartered Accountant and Chartered Secretary, 1973).
- FCCA, FCIPD, FCIPR, FCIM, Hon. FAIA.